Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Jane Austen's Bonnet



And so that was Easter ..... I had a feeling it was going to be a rather bleak time this year so I armed myself with a new embroidery. Starting something new is always exciting, in fact I wouldn't mind being a professional starter. Wouldn't it be wonderful ? Something new to start each week then just hand it over to someone else to finish instead of having a cupboard full of UFOs (unfinished objects).

This time I have chosen a quilt called Jane Austen's bonnet. It contains twenty embroideries related to Jane Austen and the Regency period. Plenty of Regency ladies and bonnets, fans, reticules, shawls, posies. I've always been a Jane Austen fan. I have called this project my Easter anti-depressant pill, but it's going to last for much longer than the Easter period. One down, nineteen to go.

Anyway it's back to normal tonight - Book Club. This month the book is Gilgamesh by Joan London, an Australian novel. Not too bad. Looking forward to the discussion (once we've got the important gossip out of the way)


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely embroidery, the background fabric is gorgeous.. I love Jane Austen too. It is a romantic period, as long as you weren't poor that is.

    ReplyDelete