Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Flowers and Ribbons Quilt

It is over three years since I finished these flower embroideries.


 But then I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with them.  They were from an Inspirations magaxine some time ago but they had used them in an all white quilt, which was absolutely beautiful, straight out of a glossy magazine spread, but rather impractical in my world.

So every now and then I would come across them in the drawerr then put them back again.  I just didn't want to do my usual way of just having a rectangular border around each embroidery.  But the last time this happened some scraps of fabric were near the flowers which just happened to look like ribbons and a local shop had a sale on with fat quarters for $3  each so I was able to get a variety of fabrics for the ribbons.

What next ?  Well I'm thinking perhaps a very narrow, slightly bright border first, then a wider border in one of the ribbon fabrics if any of them are still availab.e



Shame on me but I forgot to put backing on the white fabric before I started the embroideries..  This is not a good idea. And the white fabric is a bit transparent so I hope when  the white batting is behind it the seams won't be quite so obvious.


I hope that having got this far that it doesn't sit in the drawer  too long while I make up my mind on how to  continue.

1 comment:

  1. your embroideries are amazing!!
    it's wonderful that they have made it out of the drawer. The ribbon idea is a great one. Hope you get it finished now that it has made it to this stage. Stunning.
    Love the little dragonfly in there too.

    ReplyDelete